There are numerous video resources in so many formats at this point, and you need to convert those to some certain format so as to play them on some certain device. You have to choose a video converter first. Because most video converters are similar at the first look and those applications will often have a whole lot functions featuring in common, it is not easy to make a decision. Actually, there is never the best choice there is however always the best choice one to suit your needs.
Here we list 5 essential attributes of video converter software based on most users’ needs and you also might want a peek when you are searching for a video converter.
1) Support almost all input and popular output video formats – The first thing you should discover is if the video converter supports the input formats that you are converting from as well as the output formats that you are converting to. The supported input formats should contain just about all video formats whilst the supported output formats needs to include almost all of Use Their Free Mp3 Converter . For instance, Sothink Free Video Converter supports AVI (DivX, XivD), MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, FLV, SWF, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, VOB (VCD), and DV. That will probably be enough.
Most video converters also support audio, and often the formats should be MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, MKA, FLAC, WAV, AIF, and AU.
What’s more, as the hi-def video came, the video converter had better support H.264 HD video conversion, too.
2) Support popular multimedia devices – To actually and perfectly play videos on some multimedia devices, especially HD devices, you should convert video to correct format and appropriate dimension, zoom mode, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, etc. It does not be required to know those professional details when you purchase some video converter that automatically set all related properties for the best and directly convert video to your desired target device. Just check out whether the video convert software supports iPad, iPod, ipod itouch, iPhone, iPhone 4, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 Console, Zune, Wii, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Google Android, Nexus One, Samsung, Motorola, etc.
3) Support trimming video to clip – Since you convert files from some source video or audio, you can definitely trim the files to the part you really need. Many video convert tools support trimming video for the desired clip and many of them even support cropping. Whether it is easy to trim is also important. Directly setting the start time and end duration of the trimmed clip will likely be great.
4) Support batch conversion and convert fast – Those are time-saving features that comes in handy once you have many video files, especially big files, to convert. It is easy to find out whether or not the video converter supports batch conversion. However, what about converting speed? Check that whether the converter supports multi-CPUs and multiple threads. If it does, it probably converts fast. And Sothink Free Video Converter even supports automatically shut down, sleep and hibernate when video conversion task dcouwr finished. It is actually another great feature time-saving.
5) Simple to use – A number of the video convert items are of wizard interface while some offer Microsoft Office style. Whatever the software program is, it ought to be easy to use and user-friendly. That is certainly to express, the video converter you choose should allow you to just need to click rather than to type. In addition to thinking or doubt. All converting configuration had better be automatically set and also you never need to know the specifics.
What’s more – Additionally, there are various other features that one could consider when you are looking for in a video converter, for example, capable of preview, support image output, etc.